WARNING: READERS MAY FIND SOME OF THE IMAGES BELOW UPSETTING
Our thoughts are with those innocents who were injured or lost their lives last night and with their families.
From the Guardian website
- At least 120 people are feared to have been killed in a series of devastating attacks across Paris.
- Eight attackers also died, police say, seven of them by detonating explosive suicide belts.
- Police continue to search for accomplices who might still be at large.
- Two hundred people were injured, 80 of them seriously.
- Shootings and explosions were reported in six locations across the city, including the Stade de France in northern Paris, where two suicide attacks and a bombing took place as the national team played Germany in a friendly football match.
- The majority of victims died after a mass shooting inside the Bataclan concert venue.
- Shootings also took place in restaurants and other sites in the centre of the city
Medics evacuate an injured person close to Le Bataclan. Photograph: Thierry Orban/Getty Images
Spectators on the pitch as news circulates of the attack outside the stadium. Photograph: Jean Catuffe/Getty Images
Spectators gather on the pitch of the Stade de France stadium following the match between France and Germany, after hearing news of the attacks. Photograph: Franck Fife/AFP/Getty Images
People run after hearing what are believed to be explosions or gun shots near Place de la République. Photograph: Dominique Faget/AFP/Getty Images